So I have not updated a lot lately. It has been a crazy week. We painted all of the props with UV Reflective paint so that they could be seen under black light. You can look at the pictures! HERE: https://picasaweb.google.com/114689853843773272255/FunWithBlackLight?authkey=Gv1sRgCM2T68CtnfWzowE# (copy and paste it in...apparently my last link did not work or something, so I'll figure that out later Cara, I'm sorry.)
I have made friends with some of the opera singers who are missing teeth, continued work on the giant buttons, and found a random telephone booth. I thought that they had gone extinct, but NOT SO IN NARVIK! It is right next to the AMFI shopping center. HURRAH FOR TELEPHONE BOOTHS! I have continued to discover that people are the same everywhere. There is a little girl named Martina who is a handful in this production. She wants to be an actress desperately, but she puts up fits about how she cannot eat cheese although the day before she ate ALL of the cheese and was not supposed to, and how she does not like a scene at all that the director wrote in for her. She is only the second 10-year-old in the world that I have met like her. That, and she will only listen to me if I speak in broken Norwegian. Very silly.
Pavel's designs look saweet and work really well for the story of the opera. Things pop out of doors hidden into the walls of the set and tables come out of nowhere. It is very nice. Pavel also keeps lobbying for Hannah and I to be able to go back to our rooms and rest. It is nice, and I think that it echoes what all of our professors try to get into us: work is good, but you have to know when to take a break and have a personal life as well...keeping a balance.
The European Volunteer Service volunteers also invited Hannah and I to their house, which was fantastic. We watched the SUPERMOOOON. I may have written about this in my last blog, but that was so long ago that I cannot remember.
The last exciting thing is that Hannah and I are for sure going to Frederickstan (I don't know if that is how you spell it.) in order to take a workshop on scenography, which is very exciting. We have to cut it off early, but that is better than nothing I think. I'm excited to be able to explore a new city for a day or two next week and to see Frederickstan for the week and a half that we will be there.
Until next time. Ha det bra. Du kan spiser ostet vis du liker!
Seth
Ingen kommentarer:
Legg inn en kommentar